Sunday, April 27, 2014

Streaming The Petty Girl (1950) Online

The Petty Girl (1950)The Petty Girl (1950)iMDB Rating: 6.4
Date Released : 1 September 1950
Genre : Biography, Comedy
Stars : Robert Cummings, Joan Caulfield, Elsa Lanchester, Melville Cooper
Movie Quality : HDrip
Format : MKV
Size : 700 MB

Download Trailer Subtitle

An artist famous for his calendar portraits of beautiful women becomes fascinated by a prim and proper professor and tries to get her to pose for his arwork. She declines his offer, but he's determined not to take no for an answer.

Watch The Petty Girl Trailer :

Review :

A colorful film that brightened up a drab post blitz London

I saw this film in 1950 when I was 15 years old. It was so long ago that I cannot comment on its artistic merits or defects. What I can say is that,whether it was because I was 15 or more likely that it brought an air of light and colour to a London which was drab and grey and still littered with bomb sites, it left an unforgettable impression on me that has lasted for over 50 years. What I do remember is that Robert Cummings played his part with a very pleasant lightness of touch and that Joan Caulfield exemplified perfectly the type of pretty girl that George Petty would have enjoyed painting. Perhaps it was guileless by modern standards but it also represented an era of relative innocence. I only wish that I could obtain a copy to see if my impression was justified.

No comments:

Post a Comment